The Health & Group Benefits Consultant is an integral part of the overall client management and client relationship function in the Southern Employee Benefits region. Focus will be on developing and growing the Health & Group Benefits practice by effectively building, growing and maintaining client relationships.
Milliman’s management has a history of rewarding performance and views this position as a vital piece of its ongoing strategy to solidify and grow long-term client relationships. This position offers the opportunity to operate as a business manager along with high visibility and unlimited career potential.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Provide health & group benefits consulting and manage client relationships for select Health & Group Benefits clients.
- Manage the marketing and vendor search process for all lines of coverage to include (but not limited to) medical (TPA, ASO and insured), dental, life/AD&D, disability, vision and reinsurance coverage.
- Develop and maintain a solid understanding of all products and services offered.
- Follows Milliman protocol for tracking activity and results.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with appropriate consultants within the Milliman group of practices.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with appropriate carrier / vendor partners.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Required years of experience: Minimum five years Health & Welfare experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with industry certifications preferred.
- Demonstrated success in Health & Welfare consulting services.
- Current and relevant knowledge of legislation, market trends and issues affecting the Health & Welfare market.
- Thorough understanding of the marketing / vendor search process and the ability to manage the total process.
- Thorough understanding of medical, dental, life/AD&D, disability, vision, etc. coverage
- Thorough understanding of the self-insurance and reinsurance coverage concepts.
- Understanding of various benefits administration technology alternatives.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to present and manage presentations covering complex topics.
- Strong knowledge of COBRA regulation and 5500 filings.
- Effective time management skills that allows the candidate to effectively multi-task, as well as prioritize and organize complex projects and balance long term goals.
- Strong problem solver including the necessary research.
- Willing to work overtime.
- Able to work with time-sensitive material and meet multiple deadlines.
- Able to work independently while also contributing to team environment.
Must demonstrate Milliman’s core values which include:
- Integrity – Must be honest, fair, active listener, open communicator and accountable.
- Teamwork – Work cooperatively and treat clients and coworkers with respect and dignity while valuing individual differences, encouraging new ideas and sharing information.
- Commitment to excellence – Demonstrate commitment to being creative, innovative, flexible and adaptable, focusing on quality solutions, continually improving and being a winner.
- High energy with effective poise and presence, self-motivated and relentlessly striving towards goals.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency with strong customer service approach
A competitive base salary, plus a performance-based incentives bonus tied to the overall business performance. The firm offers an outstanding and comprehensive benefits package.
Milliman employs more than 2,000 people working in employee benefits, healthcare, life insurance/financial services, and property and casualty insurance. For more than 60 years, the firm has quietly earned a reputation for exceptional services, innovation and quality. Today Milliman is one of the nation’s most highly regarded providers of retirement plan services to the full spectrum of business, financial, government and union organizations.
Milliman is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports both ethnic and gender diversity. All employment decisions are based strictly upon qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please click on this link to apply: http://milliman.iapplicants.com/searchjobs.php.