The last consultant quit, hence the RFP. That’s unfortunate because the previous consultant is widely considered among the best of the best in our industry.
Mercedes ISD in deep South Texas is seeking an independent insurance consultant.
The scope of services include:
· Voluntary Worksite Programs to consolidate the voluntary products
· Wellness and Disease Management Programs
· Third Party Claims Administration
· Utilization Review Programs
· IRS Code Section 125 Programs
· Preferred Provider Network Plans
· Assist with Online Enrollment Services – face to face/online enrollment
· Communication Services · Health Savings Account Services
· Flexible Spending Account Services
· Pharmacy Benefits Manager Programs
· Stop-loss Coverage
· Life and AD&D Coverage
· P&C Coverage
· Workers’ Compensation Coverage
Based on these services, consulting fees should be $150,000, but they won’t be. We know the usual suspects who will likely respond to this RFP. They are the same ones who consistently throw their hats into the public bidding ring over and over again.
Because we subscribe to the belief history repeats itself, we expect the low bid will be less than $50,000 for this $150,000 consulting gig.